Weedon Architects provided Architectural services for this EfW facility in Battlefield, Shrewsbury for Veolia Environmental Services.
The EfW Facility is designed to provide diversion from Landfill and renewable energy recovery for export to the local grid network having a capacity of 96,000 tonnes of household waste per annum, producing over 8MW of renewable energy for export to the local grid.
The Facility includes the following key elements:
• administration block containing control room, meeting rooms and conference facilities
• welfare facilities including common room, showers, clean and dirty locker areas
• visitor centre (refurbished offices)
• general workshop and store
• weighbridge and gatehouse
• waste reception and storage
• waste cranes
• furnace and grate
• boiler, flue gas treatment, ID fan and stack
• steam turbine and generator
The facility achieved BREEAM : Industrial (fully fitted) - Good